Publisher: Dolorous Exhumation Press
The blood moon rises above the haunted lands of Krevborna! Once a country of picturesque villages, deep forests, and sublime mountain ranges, Krevborna is now a land of Gothic ruins preyed upon by fiends, ravening beasts, and the unquiet dead. Shadows triumphantly lengthen across Krevborna; the great powers of darkness work to usher in the dread dominion of an everlasting empire of night.
Krevborna: A Gothic Blood Opera is a system-neutral campaign setting for Gothic Fantasy adventures inspired by Bloodborne, Castlevania, and Penny Dreadful. The book includes:
- Art by Becky Munich and Michael Gibbons. Setting map by Michael Gibbons.
- Details on nine locations in the setting: the corrupt city of Chancel, the Lovecraftian town of Creedhall, the witch-town of Hemlock, vampire haunted Lamashtu, the seaside horrors of Piskaro, the underworld of the Grail Tombs, the foreboding Nachtmahr Mountains, the eerie Silent Forest, and the forbidden town of Veil.
- Information on the people of Krevborna and their folklore.
- Ideas for genre-appropriate characters and the dark secrets that damn them.
- Thirty-four otherworldly entities to use as patrons for the faithful and the pact-bound.
- Eight factions and twelve NPCs to involve your players in intrigue.
- Advice and tools for running a fantasy RPG influenced by Gothic literature.
- Tools for use in game, such as copious adventure seeds, a bestiary of foes, random tables, and a comprehensive adventure generator that gives you the basis of a scenario with little prep.
- A full index and a separate index of the book’s random tables.
- A design that prioritizes ease of use and speed of play. All “lore” entries are easy to scan, and make use of bullet points to draw your attention to the important bits so you can get on with your game.